The purpose of the English Learner Advisory Committee is to provide guidance and advice to the principal and staff about the needs of students who are learning English as a second language. In achieving this purpose, the ELAC shall:
1. Assist in the development of a school-wide needs assessment.
2. Assist in ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
3. Advise the principal in the development of a site plan for English learners. Submit recommendations to the school site council for consideration of inclusion in the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
4. Receive training materials and training, planned in full consultation with committee members, to assist members in carrying out their legal responsibilities.
5. Elect at least one ELAC member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
Upcoming ELAC Meeting Dates
Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 5:30 PM (Meeting #1)